Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 0

We are all such fragile heroes
An empire as powerful as confidence, tumbled
By three words:

Who are you?


---


To seize the day means to never seize
The day we quite wanted; making do with what we have,
Too old, too timid, too tired. The milk's gone sour, there's a chill in the air, the tools
Aren't quite right for the job. 


I want a life where I am happy.
I want a day where I am everything I wish I were --
Brave, strong and unafraid. Why should I grab this day with both hands?
It will only be, as always it is, relief to lay it down again at night
To stopper my ears with a pillow
Drowning out those who sing the songs they want to sing;
They don't care who hears it --
They love whoever hears it --
And even as they sleep, they are the happiest of dreamers,


For what they have, they feel good in loving. What they have is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment